Being back in the states has been wonderful. It's summer, everybody speaks English, and I don't have to take public transportation everywhere. I definitely do miss Chile, but I know I'll go back there some day. For now, here's my list of superlatives to sum up the trip:
1. Most Adventurous Adventure: Climbing the volcano in Pucón
2. Favorite Weekend Trip: The Atacama Desert
3. Best Moment: Fighting the crazy winds on Cape Horn, the end of the earth
4. Worst Moment: Getting a fever at the Bing Farewell Dinner
5. Favorite Chilenismo (a Spanish word that only Chileans use): Palta, meaning avocado
6. Cutest Cafe: A little restaurant in the garage of a beautiful house and within walking distance from my house
7. Favorite Food: Pastel de Choclo (baked sweet corn casserole) from this cute cafe.
8. Food I Missed the Most: Salad! Good, full salads were nonexistent in Chile.
9. Most Spectacular: Patagonia... everything about it
10. Things I'll Miss the Most: My Chilean friends, the beautiful sunsets, and 3-day weekends :)
Part of my host family: Mom, Dad, and Isidora, the youngest of three
Now with me, and Benjamín in focus
Chile was a crazy, 11-week whirlwind of adventure. It feels strange that this chapter of my Stanford experience is over because I've been looking forward to it since freshman year. Now, it's time for the next strange, haunted house chapter and then my senior year! Time flies.
Thanks for reading, skimming, or even just looking at the pictures. ¡Hasta la bye bye!